The Division of Continuing Medical Education is the School of Medicine's primary resource for the education of physicians throughout the Oregon and Northwest practice community.
Over 100 activities are offered each year to address the educational needs of generalist and specialist physicians and other health care practitioners. Annually the Division of CME plans and administers the following courses; each year, these activities are reviewed and reframed as needed. The CME Committee and Division staff also evaluates adding new programs.
- 9th Annual Dermatology for Primary Care Update
- 8th Annual NW Regional Hospital Medicine Conference
- 14th Annual Oregon Geriatrics Society Conference
- 2nd Annual Orthopedics for Primary Care: The Shoulder
- 37th Annual Pacific NW Update in OB-GYN and Women's Health
- Oregon Chapter, American College of Physicians Scientific Meeting
- 45th Annual Primary Care Review
- 21st Annual Internal Medicine Review
- Sommer Memorial Lectures/OHSU SOM Alumni Scientific Meeting ·
Additionally, there are on-line activities, courses featuring simulation labs, small group learning or one-on-one training. The full spectrum of medical disciplines is represented.
The Division's overall program is dynamic, but the focus is on curricula designed to help physicians and other health professionals identify and implement practice changes that will improve their care of patients.
The Division of CME is also responsible for ensuring compliance with accreditation requirements and maintaining the educational quality and integrity of the School of Medicine's continuing medical education program. The Division currently holds accreditation with commendation.
The School of Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The mission of the Office of Continuing Medical Education is to promote high quality health care through effective educational activities.
To view the complete CME Mission Statement click here.