1st Annual OHSU Symposium on Educational Excellence
Co-hosted by the School of Medicine's Educators' Collaborative, Division of Continuing Professional Development, Graduate Studies Program, Undergraduate Medical Education Program and Graduate Medical Education Program, the Faculty Advancement and Development Committee as well as the OHSU Teaching and Learning Center, the symposium aims to bring together OHSU SOM educators for professional development in education, networking, and to celebrate our education scholarship.
Archived presentations can be viewed at the following links:
- Keynote Presentation: Applying social learning theory and technology to improve teaching at the bedside and in the classroom, build a community of practice, and promote education scholarship - Michael A. Gisondi, MD, FACEP, FAAE
- Biggest Bang in 140 Characters: Effective Tweeting for Med Ed- Esther Choo, MD, MPH
- Biggest Bang: Teaching When Time is Short- Dave Jones, MD
- A Collaborative Framework for Assessing and Prioritizing Curricular Areas for Improvement and Reinforcement - Jessica Walter, MA & Ron Sakaguchi, DDS, PhD
- Microflipping the Lecture-Based Course - Sarah Jacobs, M.Ed.
- Active Learning: One Concept, Three and a Half Ways - Jackie Wirz, PhD & Sylvia Nelsen, PhD
- Quick Hits: 7 Minute Presentations on Novel Teaching Ideas- Ryan Palmer, EdD, Alexander Kain, PhD, Mark Engelstad MD, DDS, & Erin Bonura, MD
- How to Work Smarter: A Crash Course in Time Management, Education Scholarship Productivity, and Academic Wellness - Holly Caretta-Weyer, MD
Past Explorations in Educational Expertise
- 06/19/2017 Faculty develop new vision statement for research
- 06/12/2017 Dr. Michael Harris named American Diabetes Association’s 2017 Rubin Award recipient
- 06/06/2017 From the interim dean: Pride, gratitude and hope
- 05/25/2017 Congratulations, graduates of 2017!
- 05/24/2017 Dr. Sharon Anderson appointed dean of the OHSU School of Medicine
- 05/10/2017 Guest lecturer Dr. Reshma Jagsi joins women’s leadership group in contemplating culture change
- 04/17/2017 Education symposium celebrates teaching and tweeting alike
- 04/11/2017 New Ph.D. program lets discovery define the path
- 02/28/2017 In memoriam: John K. Belknap, Ph.D. (1943-2017)
- 02/22/2017 Conference addresses primary care needs for mental health training
- View all news