1st Annual OHSU Symposium on Educational Excellence
Co-hosted by the School of Medicine's Educators' Collaborative, Division of Continuing Professional Development, Graduate Studies Program, Undergraduate Medical Education Program and Graduate Medical Education Program, the Faculty Advancement and Development Committee as well as the OHSU Teaching and Learning Center, the symposium aims to bring together OHSU SOM educators for professional development in education, networking, and to celebrate our education scholarship.
Archived presentations can be viewed at the following links:
- Keynote Presentation: Applying social learning theory and technology to improve teaching at the bedside and in the classroom, build a community of practice, and promote education scholarship - Michael A. Gisondi, MD, FACEP, FAAE
- Biggest Bang in 140 Characters: Effective Tweeting for Med Ed- Esther Choo, MD, MPH
- Biggest Bang: Teaching When Time is Short- Dave Jones, MD
- A Collaborative Framework for Assessing and Prioritizing Curricular Areas for Improvement and Reinforcement - Jessica Walter, MA & Ron Sakaguchi, DDS, PhD
- Microflipping the Lecture-Based Course - Sarah Jacobs, M.Ed.
- Active Learning: One Concept, Three and a Half Ways - Jackie Wirz, PhD & Sylvia Nelsen, PhD
- Quick Hits: 7 Minute Presentations on Novel Teaching Ideas- Ryan Palmer, EdD, Alexander Kain, PhD, Mark Engelstad MD, DDS, & Erin Bonura, MD
- How to Work Smarter: A Crash Course in Time Management, Education Scholarship Productivity, and Academic Wellness - Holly Caretta-Weyer, MD
Past Explorations in Educational Expertise
- 04/17/2018 Collaboration results in Confidental Advocate Program for OHSU
- 04/17/2018 "We're trying to help create community"
- 04/11/2018 Mark O. Hatfield Lecture with Dr. Freeman Hrabowski
- 03/13/2018 M.D. curriculum prepares graduates for their careers
- 02/27/2018 Portrait of a colleague
- 02/14/2018 State of the School 2018
- 02/14/2018 Interview with Alisha Moreland-Capuia: "Change does not happen in the context of comfort"
- 02/06/2018 Interview with Esther Choo: "You can advocate as a 'regular person' doctor"
- 01/30/2018 School of Medicine Dean Sharon Anderson appoints Dr. Atif Zaman to a senior leadership role
- 01/23/2018 OHSU faculty, leaders launch dialogue on sexual harassment
- View all news