Presentations & Publications
Dr. Thomas presenting on "Cancer Emergencies"
Here you'll find presentations, lectures, and publications by faculty and staff within the Radiation Medicine department.
Presentations & Lectures
As part of a teaching institution, the Department of Radiation Medicine's faculty and staff will give presentations both within the department and around the world sharing their knowledge with others studying the field of medicine.
Presentations of Interest
- Sophia Bornstein presented at the spring 2013 SWOG Radiation Oncology Committee meeting
- Medicine team to give multiple presentations at OHSU Research Week (May 20-24)
- OHSU Radiation Medicine Presentations at the 55th Annual Meeting of ASTRO 2013
- Dr. CR Thomas, Jr. presented at the annual SCAROP meeting in Washington, DC
- OHSU Radiation Medicine team presents multiple presentations at the ARS 95th annual meeting
- Alex Egan's original research was selected for presentation at the 2013 AAPM meeting
- Tricia Thompson's abstract was selected for oral presentation at the 30th anniversary meeting of SROA
- Dr. Marquez to present at the 2013 Northwest Chapter of the AAAPM Spring Symposium
- Department to present 6 original research papers at the 95th Annual Meeting of the American Radium Society
- 5 original submissions have been selected for presentation at the 2012 SRS/SBRT Meeting
- Hyoid Osteoradionecrosis after ChemoIMRT for Pharyngeal Cancer
- Dr. Kubicky to present on “Stereotactic Radiation for Metastatic Spine Cancer"
- Drs. Gray and Holland visit the Multidisciplinary Head & Neck Symposium in Phoenix, Arizona
As you read through the articles, journals, and books, you will discover a wealth of information about what currently is being researched in the field of radiation medicine, as well as the latest technologies and studies being conducted to help improve treatments for cancers and tumors.
- April 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- February 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
Publications of Interest
- Department Report: The New Face of Radiation Oncology at OHSU
- OHSU faculty co-authors editorial on RTOG-0529
- Kristina Young co-authors article titled "The Impact of the Myeloid Response to Radiation Therapy"
- Dr. Bleyer is sr. author on major SEER database update on breast cancer incidence patters
- 18 original abstracts submitted for 55th Annual ASTRO Meeting
- On the sensitivity of common gamma-index evaluation methods to MLC misalignments in Rapidarc quality assurance
- Colorectal Cancer Emergencies
- ETHICS CASE: Requests for Care from Family Members [PDF]
- Prognostic Significance of the Number of Positive Lymph Nodes in Women With T1-2N1 Breast Cancer Treated With Mastectomy: Should Patients With 1, 2, and 3 Positive Lymph Nodes Be Grouped Together?
- OHSU Faculty and House Staff jointly edit and co-author one of the first comprehensive board review book
- Dr. Patrick Gagnon presented an original paper at the 2012 (inaugural) ASCO Quality Symposium
- Drs. Braun and Grossberg, co-author novel pre-clinical observations on the neurophysiologic mechanisms of sickness behavior
- Dr. Bleyer is co-author of a population-based research analysis
- Dr. Thomas will serve as an invited faculty for the FLIMS Workshop in Switzerland
- OHSU Knight Radiation Medicine team co-authors 16 original abstract submissions to the 54th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Radiation Oncology [PDF]
- Cancer Clinical Trials
- Tobacco-specific carcinogen nitrosamine 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone induces AKT activation in head and neck epithelia [PDF]