Today, an increasing number of patients have their cancers treated successfully, with few side effects and preservation of normal tissue, using radiation therapy. Radiation procedures are the careful use of high-energy radiation to treat cancers.
A radiation oncologist may use radiation generated by a machine outside a patient's body or with radioactive sources that are put inside the body.
Most Common Procedures
- External Beam Therapy (EBT)
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Proton Therapy
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- VERT, Virtual Environment for Radiation Therapy
- 3-D Simulation Helps Patients See Radiation Therapy Plan Firsthand
- Intraoperative Electron Beam Radiation Therapy (IOERT): The Mobetron System
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (Breast)/Intrabeam
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy/MOBETRON
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy/MOBETRON 2
- TomoHD: Image Guided Radiation Therapy