Medical Physics Graduate Program
OHSU's Department of Radiation Medicine/Division of Medical Physics and Oregon State University Department of Nuclear Engineering & Radiation Health Physics, will jointly administers the Oregon Medical Physics (OMP) program. Initially, degrees in medical health physics and therapeutic medical physics tracks will be offered. The OMP may eventually offer diagnostic and nuclear medicine medical physics tracks.
Medical health physicists are typically concerned with limiting the radiation doses to medical workers, patients, and the general population. They ensure the hospital is compliant with federal, state, and hospital regulations.
Therapeutic medical physicists work closely with physicians and other staff to customize each patient’s radiation treatment to deliver the radiation where it is needed and limit the dose to normal tissues. They carry out routine quality assurance of the medical accelerators and radiation sources used to deliver the radiation treatment. Medical physicists are also responsible for bringing new technologies and treatment devices into clinical use; and at university medically centers, assist in developing new technologies.
- Medical Physic (MP) 507 Incidents in Medical Physics course, Oregon State University Seminar by Taylor Harry, "CT Brain Perfusion Over Doses"
- James Keller successfully defended his PhD thesis in early June 2013
- Grant Application Numbers Continue to Climb
- Medicine team to give multiple presentations at OHSU Research Week (May 20-24)
- Department Report: The New Face of Radiation Oncology at OHSU
- Alex Egan's original research was selected for presentation at the 2013 AAPM meeting
- Dr. Marquez to present at the 2013 Northwest Chapter of the AAAPM Spring Symposium
- Dr. Laub is appointed to the European Affairs Subcommittee of the International Affairs Council
- 17 original abstracts submitted for 55th Annual ASTRO Meeting
- On the sensitivity of common gamma-index evaluation methods to MLC misalignments in Rapidarc quality assurance
- OHSU Radiation Medicine Visiting Faculty Lectures
- Department chair has been named chair of the RSNA Radiation Oncology Study Section
- Dynamic conformal arc cranial stereotactic radiosurgery:implications of multileaf collimator margin on dose–volume metrics
- Monica Kishore presented to the Oregon State University/OHSU graduate program
- Elekta's Monaco System Used for First Time to Create VMAT Plan for Delivery on Varian Treatment System