Timur “Tim” Mitin, MD, PhD
Cancer and Blood Disorders
Radiation Oncology, Harvard Radiation Oncology Program, Boston, MA
American Board of Radiology/Radiation Oncology
Interest and Accomplishments:
Dr. Timur Mitin was born in Moscow, Russia, and came to the United States alone at the age of 16 to pursue his dreams of education. He received his BA cum laude in Chemistry and Biology at Cornell University and pursued his medical training in a combined MD/PhD program at Tufts University School of Medicine.
During his PhD training he studied cancer immunology and ultimately defended his thesis work on hormonal regulation of drug metabolism. Upon graduating from the medical school he went on to complete an internship year in internal medicine at Providence St. Vincent Hospital, and returned to Boston for his training in radiation oncology at Harvard Radiation Oncology Program, where he learned the arts and science of oncology from his mentors at Massachusetts General Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
After completing his residency program, he was invited to join the faculty of Harvard Medical School at the Massachusetts General Hospital, where he specialized in treatment of patients with genitourinary malignancies, using a combination of various modalities, including IMRT, IGRT, proton beam, brachytherapy and intraoperative radiotherapy. He was a first author of several review articles, as well as RTOG publications in the field of bladder preservation in patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer.
He joined the medical staff at OHSU in 2014 and is now the Medical Director of the Tuality OHSU Cancer center. He is dedicated to bringing the cutting edge cancer treatment modalities to his patients.
- Review of textbook “Decision Tools for Radiation Oncology:Prognosis, Treatment Response and Toxicity” by Carsten Niederand Laurie Gaspar
- Timur Mitin, MD, PhD Selected to Serve on Inaugural Editorial Board for the New ASTRO
- The Use of Hypofractionated Whole Breast Irradiation in Treatment of Patients With Early-Stage Breast Cancer in the United States
- Promise and Pitfalls of Heavy-Particle Therapy
- Weight Gain on Androgen Deprivation Therapy: Which Patients Are at Highest Risk?
- The role of systemic disease status in treatment outcomes for patients with newly diagnosed brain oligometastases and treated with stereotactic radiosurgery alone
- Management of lymph node-positive prostate cancer: the role of surgery and radiation therapy.
- Transurethral surgery and twice-daily radiation plus paclitaxel-cisplatin or fluorouracil-cisplatin with selective bladder preservation and adjuvant chemotherapy for patients with muscle invasive bladder cancer (RTOG 0233): a randomised multicentre phase 2 trial.
- Trimodality therapy for bladder conservation in treatment of invasive bladder cancer.
- Urological cancer. The benefits of intermittent androgen-deprivation therapy.
- Dr. Timur Mintin Presenting on Bladder Cancer
- Dr. Timur Mitin Presenting at Moscow Conference
- Dr. Timur Mitin was a moderator at the 2014 ASTRO GU Oral proffered paper session in San Francisco [ Picture2 ]
- Dr. Mitin presents "IORT for Recurrent/Advanced Rectal Cancer"
- Dr. Timur Mitin Presented on Esophageal Cancer
- Drs. Henderson, Young, and Mitin, are all on the oral platform for the ASTRO’S 56th Annual meeting: Targeting Cancer: Technology & Biology
- Long-Term Outcomes Among Patients Who Achieve Complete or Near-Complete Responses After the Induction Phase of Bladder-Preserving Combined-Modality Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer: A Pooled Analysis of NRG Oncology/RTOG 9906 and 0233
- Three Questions for Timur Mitin, MD
- Preoperative carboplatin and paclitaxel-based chemoradiotherapy for esophageal carcinoma
- Drs. Timur Mitin and Alex Guimaraes are co-PIs of the Esophageal Cancer Research award
- Drs. Timur Mitin and Christian Lanciault are co-PIs on Innovation Grant from the Dean’s Office
- Dr. Timur Mitin will serve as a moderator/discussant at the 57th Annual Meeting of ASTRO
- Dr. Timur Mitin is selected to serve on Advisory Board
- Dr. Mitin joins patient with violin duet
- The New England Journal of Medicine (Esophageal Carcinoma: To The Editor)
- The role of whole brain radiation therapy in the management of melanoma brain metastases
- Dr. Timur Mitin is an invited speaker for the OHSU Brenden-Colson Center for Pancreatic Care’s 2014 PancWest Symposium
- Dr. Timur Mitin Appointed to ASTRO Committee
- Dr. Timur Mitin Participates in the MSTP Residency Rountable
- Tuality/OHSU Cancer Center names new medical director