Priya Srikanth, MPH
BBA (1999) Marshall University, Management Information Systems (MIS) and Accounting
MPH (2009) Oregon Health & Science University, Epidemiology & Biostatistics
Primary Mission in the Department
- Conducting ‘Happy Lab’ which provides short term data management and statistical software guidance to MPH and MD/MPH students who are enrolled for thesis credits.
- Contact Happy Lab: email@example.com, CSB642, 503-494-4246
Utilizing the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III) datasets to evaluate characteristics and outcomes of participants in relation to Cytomegalovirus (CMV) serostatus.
- Researching fracture outcomes in association with Body Mass Index (BMI) using the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey I (NHANES I) and its longitudinal Epidemiological Followup Study (NHEFS).
Experience and Interests
Priya has experience in statistical data analysis of survey data. Her main interests are longitudinal data analysis and survival analysis using competing risk modeling. Apart from data analysis, Priya is also interested in the teaching aspect of introductory Biostatistics.
- Nielson, CM, Srikanth, P., Orwoll ES (2011). Obesity and Fracture in Men and Women: An Epidemiologic Perspective. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, 27(1), pp1-10
- Nielson CM, Srikanth P, Hill AB. (2011). CMV seropositivity as a risk factor for frailty and osteoporosis among older adults in the US NHANES III study. Journal of Women’s Health, 2010:1397.
- Hill, A.B., Nielson, C., Srikanth, P., Simanek, A., Dowd, J., Aiello, A. (2010). Does cytomegalovirus deserve the bad rap? Poster presentation at American Aging Association’s 39th annual meeting and 24th Annual meeting of the American College of Clinical Gerontology.
- Srikanth, P., Rosenberg, K.D., Lapidus, J.A., Adams, E. (2009). Women who quit smoking during pregnancy and relapse in the first two years after pregnancy. Oral presentation at the 15th Annual Maternal and Child health Conference.