Jodi A. Lapidus, PhD
EducationBA (1986) State University of New York at Binghamton
MS (1988) Columbia University
PhD (1998) University of New Mexico
Research InterestsCategorical data
Design of community intervention trials
BSTA 511 – Estimation and Hypothesis Testing for Applied Biostatistics
BSTA 515 – Computer Applications in Biostatistics - SAS
HIP 529 - Applied Biostatistics II (Masters of Clinical Research Program)
2011 – 2012
Recent MPH Thesis Students
- Anandam Hilde – MPH 2009 - The impact of social and emotional isolation on risky behaviors among women injection drug users in Portland, OR (Nominated for 2009-2010 OHSU School of Medicine Outstanding Masters Thesis Award)
- Caryn Snyder – MPH 2009 – Serum albumin in relation to change in muscle mass, muscle strength, and muscle power
- Priya Srithkanth – MPH 2009 – Women who quit smoking during pregnancy and relapse in the first two years after pregnancy
- Genia Tatiano – MPH 2009 – Food insecurity and hunger among individuals with disabilities in Oregon: prevalence and correlates of disability type
- Brigit Adamus Hatch – MD/MPH 2010 – Care Oregon Health Policy Survey – children’s insurance status when parent’s lose Medicaid coverage
- Sara Burnett Hallvik – MPH 2010 – Six month risk of complications following ACL reconstruction with allograft or autograft tissue
- Heather Franklin – MPH 2010 – Implications for researchers employing web-based respondent driven sampling
- Melissa Yamaguchi – MD/MPH 2010 – An unforeseen consequence: the indirect effect of a parent's health insurance coverage
- Rebecca Allen – MD/MPH 2011 - Multiple sclerosis: how cognitive performance relates to quality of life, depression, and perception of deficits
- Jennifer Kernan – MPH 2011- Spine surgery according to payer
- Paneen Petersen – MPH anticipated 2011 (defended September 2011) – Cancer Incidence in NW American Indians: Analysis of linked SEER and NW Tribal registry data
- Cambria Wilhelm – MPH anticipated 2011 (defended September 2011) – Breastfeeding and Children with special health care needs (CSHCN)
- Emily Carter – MD/MPH 2012 – Association between gestational anemia and odds of treatment for postpartum hemorrhage
- Russell Barlow – MPH 2012 - Risk factors for salomonella resistance in Oregon
- Stephanie Crocker – MD/MPH 2012 – Impact of Medicaid disenrollment on Oregon children’s access to health care
- Miriam Elman – MPH 2012 – Using median polish method to estimate trends in hepatitis mortality from 1990 – 2009 in Multnomah County, OR
- Mattew Iles-Shih – MPH 2012 – Analysis of negative responses from five novel Mtb antigens in a CD8+ T cell-based ELISPOT immunoassay among individuals with active and latent Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in Kampala, Uganda
- Stuart Cowburn – MPH In Progress – Cancer Prevention Surveillance Among the Uninsured in Oregon
- Brett Davis – MPH In Progress
- Courtney Crawford – MPH In Progress – Vitamin D, Sun Exposure and Depression: Analysis of NHANES data
- Sheila Marquardt – MPH In progress – Fatal crashes on or near American Indian communities in the Northwest
- Rebecca Sarao (Rowe)- MPH in progress – Correlates of preterm birth among NW American Indians and Alaska Natives
- Stephanie Yuen – MPH In Progress – Gender differences Child Status among EMS workers in Oregon in their reported comfort in taking care of pediatric patients
Recent Publications (in ascending chronological order)
- Goldsmith KA, Rosenberg KD, Sandoval AP, Lapidus JA. Unintended Childbearing and Knowledge of Emergency Contraception in a Population-Based Survey of Postpartum Women. Maternal and Child Health Journal 2008; 12(3):332-41.
- Shuler C, DeBess E, Lapidus J, Hedberg K. Canine and Human Factors Related to Dog Bite Injuries: Multnomah County, Oregon. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2008 Feb 15;232(4):542-6.
Orwoll ES, Marshall L, Nielson CA, Lapidus J, Cummings S, Ensrud K, Lane N, Hoffman PR, Kopperdahl DL and Keaveny TM. Finite Element Analysis of the Proximal Femur for the Prediction of Hip Fracture in Older Men J Bone Miner Res. 2008 Dec 2.
- LeBlanc ES, Nielson CM, Marshall LM, Lapidus JA, Barrett-Connor E, Ensrud KE, Hoffman AR, Laughlin G, Ohlsson C, Orwoll ES; Osteoporotic Fractures in Men Study Group. The effects of serum testosterone, estradiol, and sex hormone binding globulin levels on fracture risk in older men. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009 Sep;94(9):3337-46.
- Wilson SR, Strub P, Buist AS, Knowles SF, Lavori P, Lapidus J, Vollmer WM and BOAT Study Group. Shared treatment decision-making improves adherence and outcomes in poorly controlled asthma Am J Resp Crit Care Med. Vol 181. pp. 566-577, (2010).
- LeBlanc ES, Wang PY, Janowsky JS, Neiss MB, Fink HA, Yaffe K, Marshall LM, Lapidus JA, Stefanick ML and Orwoll ES for the MrOS Research Group. Association between sex steroids and cognition in elderly men. Clinical Endocrinology, 2010 Mar; 72(3): 393-403. Published online 10Sep2009.
- Buckley DI, Calvert JF, Lapidus JA, Morris CD. Chronic Opioid Therapy and Preventive Services in Rural Primary Care: An Oregon Rural Practice-based Research Network Study. Ann Fam Med , 8: 237 – 244.
- Pereira L, Reddy A, Alexander A, Lu X, Lapidus J, Gravett MG, Nagalla S. Insights into the multifactorial nature of preterm birth: Proteomic profiling of the maternal serum glycoproteome and maternal serum peptidome among women in preterm labor. Am J Obstetrics and Gynecology 2010; 202:555.e1-10.
- Hitti J, Lapidus J, Lu X, Pereira L, Eschenbach DA, Gravett M and Nagalla S. Non-Invasive Diagnosis of Intra-Amniotic Infection and Preterm Birth From Proteomic Analysis of Vaginal Fluid. Am J Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2010 July, 203(1): 32.e1 – 32.e8 [Editor’s Choice].
- Rasanen J, Girsen A, Lu X, Lapidus J, Standley M, Reddy A, Dasari S, Thomas A, Jacob T, Pouta A, Surcel HM, Tolosa JE, Gravett MG and Nagalla SR. Comprehensive Maternal Serum Proteomic Profiles of Preclinical and Clinical Preeclampsia. J Proteome Research 2010 9(8): 4274-4281.
- Lee CG, Boyko EJ, Nielson C, Stefanick M, Bauer DC, Hoffman AR, Dam TL, Lapidus JA, Cawthon PM, Ensrud KE, Orwoll ES for the MrOS Research Group. Mortality risk in older men associated with changes in weight, lean mass and fat mass. J Am Geriatric Society, 2011 Feb, 69(2): 233 – 240.
- Lapidus J, Smith N, Lutz T, Grimes C, Ebel B for the Native CARS Study Group. Trends and Correlates of Child Passenger Restraint Use in Six Northwest Tribes: the Native Children Always Ride Safe (Native CARS) Project. Am J Public Health, In Press (scheduled to appear Feb 2013 issue).
- Snyder C, Lapidus JA, Cawthon PM, Dam TL, Sakai LY, Marshall L for the Osteoporotic Fractures in Men (MrOS) Research Group. Serum albumin in relation to muscle mass, muscle strength and muscle power. J Am Geriatrics Society, In press
- Ettinger B, Ensrud KE, Blackwell T, Curtis JR, Lapidus J, Orwoll ES. Performance of FRAX in a Cohort of Older Men: The Osteoporotic Fractures in Men (MrOS) Study, [Accepted for publication, Osteoporosis International]
- Romero FC, Aubertin M, Biery T, Clites M, Seth L, Hollinger T, Havents J, Lapidus J, Smith N. Northwest Tribal Child Safety Seat Final Project Report, Portland, OR: Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board, 2003.
- Lapidus, J, Smith N, Lutz T, Bigback K. Child passenger restraint use in 6 Northwest Tribes, 2009 Native Children Always Ride Safe, Aggregate report, Portland, OR Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board, 2009.