Katrina Ramsey, MPH
MPH (2007) Oregon Health & Science University, Epidemiology & Biostatistics
BA (1997) Brigham Young University, English with a minor in German
Experience and Interests
Katrina has experience in the use and analysis of administrative data, community-based research in American Indian and Alaska Native communities, and respondent-driven sampling. In addition to PHPM, she works with the Oregon Rural Practice-Based Network and the Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology. She is the point of contact for the Biostatistics & Design Program.
- Hoopes M, Ramsey K. (2010, November). "Disparities in diabetes-associated hospitalization among American Indians/Alaska Natives and other races, Washington, 2009," American Public Health Association Annual Meeting, Denver, CO.
- Smith N, Weiser T, Ramsey K. (2008, October). “Stressful Life Events During Pregnancy and Adverse Birth Outcomes for American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) Women, Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), Washington, 2002-2006.” [Poster presentation] Public Health Without Borders: APHA 136th Annual Meeting and Expo, San Diego, California.
- Ramsey K. (2007, July). “Teaching Community Collaborators to Understand Health Research Methods and Results.” [Roundtable.] Joint Statistical Meeting of the American Statistical Association, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Ramsey K, Lapidus J. (2006, May). “Adaptations of Respondent-Driven Sampling to an Anonymous HIV Testing Survey among Urban AI/AN,” Embracing Our Traditions, Values, and Teachings: Native Peoples of North American HIV/AIDS Conference, Anchorage, AK.
- Ramsey K, Jones J. (2006, April). “Lessons Learned from the Northwest Tribal Cancer Navigator Pilot Program,” Indian Health Service Research Conference, Albuquerque, NM.
- Garcia R, Jones J, Merenda C, Greene A, Ramsey K, & De Los Santos L. (2006, April). “Patient Navigator Program: Lessons Learned from the Native American Patient Navigation Program Pilot,” [panel presentation] Intercultural Cancer Council (ICC) Biennial Symposium, Washington, DC.
- Ramsey K, Jones J, Merenda C, Russell C, Greene A, Garcia R. (2006, January) “Collecting cancer data in a community-based study among American Indian and Alaska Native patients,” Office of Minority Health 2006 Leadership Summit on Eliminating Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health, Washington, DC.