Education CoordinatorNatalie Chin is the Education Coordinator for the Department of Public Health & Preventive Medicine. As a Pacific Northwest native, she enjoys exploring the coastal range and Columbia Gorge area. In her free time, she plays futsal and volunteers with the department's Dangerous Decibels program, a CDC-funded initiative that focuses on hearing conservation in school-aged children.
- Oversees the adminsitrative processes of the PhD in Epidemiology program; provides support to the Program Director, Carrie Nielson, PhD, MPH, and current candidates.
- Serves as the initial contact person for the department's Masters-level education programs, including the Master of Public Health (MPH) in Epidemiology & Biostatistics tracks, the MD/MPH dual degree program, the Master of Science in Biostatistics program, and the Graduate Certificate in Biostatistics program.
- Assists with the application process for all programs through SOPHAS.
- Provides student support, coordinates registration (including intercampus registration with Portland State University), and onboards new students.
- Prepares and provides information to current and prospective students/candidates regarding department educational offerings and policies.
- Researches, compiles data, and prepares reports to document program policies, procedures, and records as needed for re-accreditation and other requests.
B.S. in Speech & Hearing Sciences (2011) Portland State University, Portland, Oregon
M.P.H. in Health Promotion (expected 2015) Portland State University, Portland, Oregon