WHAT IS PUBLIC HEALTH AND PREVENTIVE MEDICINE?Public Health is the science and practice of protecting and improving the health of a community, as by preventive medicine, health education, control of communicable diseases, application of sanitary measures, and monitoring of environmental hazards.
WHAT'S NEW IN PUBLIC HEALTH
- Future School of Public Health: Learn more about the progress of this exciting new OHSU/PSU Joint School
- Interested in reading more news about Public Health and Preventive Medicine Faculty and Staff? Please visit our News & Events page.
LOOKING FOR EDUCATION RESOURCES?
Visit our Education Programs link for information regarding:
- MPH, MD-MPH, and Biostatistics Certificate, MS, and MBST Admissions and Program Requirements
- New PhD in Epidemiology
- Preventive Medicine Residency Information
- Summer Research Training
- Courses & Schedules
- Resources for Current Students (i.e., thesis guidelines and forms, internship guidelines, job postings)
To access instructions on registering for classes for the current Academic Year, please visit our How To Register page.