Jobs for Students & Alumni
We have screened the job announcements below with the intent of posting only those opportunities deemed appropriate for students and alumni of the Epidemiology and Biostatistics track of the Oregon MPH Program or our Biostatistics Certificate and MS programs. We make no particular recommendations nor guarantees regarding the employers or positions posted on this page and are not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment.
We will do our best to provide accurate information on this website, but we ask that you verify the details of the positions with the employer. All hiring and compensation for work performed by employees is handled directly between the employee and the employer, not through the Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine.
We will take the jobs off the list below when the application dates expire or after three months if a deadline is not posted.
RESOURCES FOR JOB SEEKERS
- OPHA: The Oregon Public Health Association's Job and Internship Opportunities webpage is a great place for employers, job seekers, and students to connect. Visit http://www.oregonpublichealth.org/jobs-a-internships to learn more.
- American Schools of Public Health has a free employment search engine.
- The Simple Dollar Employment Guide
- The Oregon MPH's website posts career opportunities for MPH students and alumni.
Posted 8/6/2014 (job closing 8/8/2014):
Operations and Policy Analyst IV (Policy, Implementation, and Program Development Lead Policy Analyst)
The OHSU Department of Family Medicine is hiring a Senior Research Associate to manage several current grant projects and to write future grants. They prefer a PhD but will consider highly qualified and experienced (10+ years) master's level candidates. More details below. Please circulate widely.
Interested candidates should apply at www.ohsujobs.com, searching for the position number IRC44169.
The Senior Research Associate will be the Project Manager/Project Director for multiple federally-funded health services research grants. The position will assist the Principal Investigator to grow the research portfolio through scholarly products and future grants. The Senior Research Associate will work closely with community partners, especially OCHIN, Inc. The position will directly supervise one to three research assistants and/or students, depending on assignments.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Oversee development of project goals and direction
· manage day-to-day research activities, including training and supervision of Research Assistants
· Design and monitor work plans and timelines
· Oversee communication with multi-site study teams
· Oversee reporting on research project activities
· Oversee IRB and regulatory compliance
· Authoring and publishing papers
· Preparing abstracts
· Posters, and presentations for national conferences
· Develop and write research grants to grow the team's research portfolio
· Oversee planning and design of complex quantitative analyses with the guidance of principal investigators
· Doctoral degree with major courses in public health or relevant field and five years of experience in health research in an academic setting
· Experience managing complex collaborations with multiple and diverse partners
· Ability to facilitate group meetings
· Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods
· Evidence of strong scholarly productivity and the ability to lead scholarly manuscripts
· Experience with measuring and general knowledge related to primary care health services research and delivery systems, particularly in safety net settings
· Prior work with federal funding
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines and time pressures
· Experience managing multiple and concurrent projects
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Specific knowledge of EndNote and statistical software (e.g. SAS, Stata)
· Experience working with large datasets
· Qualitative research experience including proficiency with Atlas TI