To conduct high quality, relevant, and timely public health related research and training.
- We base our mission on the broad view of the health of populations found in the World Health Organization definition of health: complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
- We are committed to the pursuit of social justice in health for all.
- We embrace the duty of being a voice and presence in the University and the community promoting the population perspective on health.
- We value the spirit of open inquiry into health issues using scientific quantitative and qualitative tools exploring philosophical assumptions and ethical foundations.
- We support innovation and risk-taking in teaching, research, and service.
- We rely on a strong collegial commitment to one another in our work relations and our intellectual pursuits.
- We believe collaboration with others is essential to carrying out our mission.
- We seek diversity in thought and personnel in our department.
- We are committed to ethical behavior in research and work.