Joel Nigg, Ph.D.
Director, Division of Psychology
Professor of Psychiatry, Pediatrics, and
Method of Contact:
Department of Psychiatry
Oregon Health and Science University.
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road
Portland, Oregon 97239-3098
For OHSU and scientific or clinical business: email@example.com
To connect with Dr. Nigg regarding his book for parents, to go https://joelniggphd.com/
Dr. Nigg's 2017 book for parents, Getting Ahead of ADHD
- Developmental psychopathology and temperament / personality.
- Neuropsychological and cognitive underpinnings of psychopathology.
- Behavioral and molecular genetics of personality/psychopathology.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and externalizing behavior problems Role of environmental toxicants in neural development and ADHD
Dr. Nigg's research focuses on the underlying mechanisms and causes in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) across the lifespan. The primary focus is on cognitive and neuropsychological mechanisms. However, studies of genetics, family dynamics, personality and temperament, environmental toxins, and neuroimaging of ADHD are also ongoing.
- 1990-95 Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley.
- 1995-96 Clinical Internship, University of Washington School of Medicine/Seattle Children's Hospital.
- 1984-85 Masters in Social Work, The University of Michigan,
Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- 1976-80 A.B., Magna Cum Laude, Harvard University,