News & Events
- OHSU unveils new MRI for complex brain surgery in children
- Dr. Selden; Congress of Neurological Surgeons President's Message
- Dr. Than; available for spine consultations in Longview, Washington
- Campagna Scholarship Application 2016 is now available
- Dr. Cetas; Albany woman wakes up pain-free for first time in 20 years (KATU,November 15 2015)
- Dr. Raslan; Brain surgery could prove effective for treating Alzheimer's disease (NewsSource16-KMTR, Eugene, November 8, 2015)
- National Geographic to air first live brain surgery on TV; event has ties to the local community
- Powerful iMRI Technology coming to Doernbecher Children's Hospital
- 25th John Raaf Day Lecturer, Anil Nanda, MD, MPH, FACS
- Department of Neurological Surgery leadership transition, Kim Burchiel, M.D., to step down as chair of the department; Nathan Selden, M.D., Ph.D., is appointed next chair
- Dr. Kim Burchiel, 2015 AANS Distinguished Service Award recipient
- OHSU honored-fifth of six sites in the US currently approved to enroll subjects in new Spinal Cord Injury Clinical Trial
Neurological Surgery Events
John Raaf Day Lecture
Since 1991, lecturers have come to speak on a variety of topics in honor of Dr. John Raaf Day, widely regarded as the father of neurosurgery in Oregon.
In 2007, the Gallo Lecture was created by the OHSU Department of Neurological Surgery to honor the legacy and dedication to teaching and medical ethics of Anthony E. Gallo, Jr., M.D.
Campagna Scholarship and Professorship
The scholarship was established in 2006 by Dr. Mario Campagna and his wife, Edithand provides eligible scholars an opportunity to participate in a 10-week summer semester of neurosurgical related research.
Established in 2005 through the generosity of the Campagnas, the Mario and Edith Campagna Professorship in Pediatric Neurological Surgery supports research in pediatric neurological surgery and neurosciences.
The Harold D. Paxton International Professorship in Neurological Surgery Education was created in 2006 by the OHSU Department of Neurological Surgery to honor Dr. Paxton’s dedication to international neurosurgical education.
Brain Awareness Month
A series of activities to help promote brain awareness.