The Gallo Lecture was created by the OHSU Department of Neurological Surgery to honor the legacy and dedication to teaching and medical ethics of Anthony E. Gallo, Jr., M.D. A medical school graduate of Harvard University, Dr. Gallo was a highly respected pediatric neurosurgeon and throughout his career was devoted to the care of disabled children. He was a professor of neurosurgery at OHSU from 1968 to 1989.
The 11th Anthony E. Gallo, Jr., Lecturer 2017
Mark Proctor, M.D.Dr. Proctor is Neurosurgeon-in-Chief and Director of the Brain Injury Center at Boston Children’s Hospital, and Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass.
Past Gallo Lecturers
- Alan R. Cohen, M.D. — 2007
- Arnold Menezes, M.D. — 2008
- Joseph Piatt, M.D. — 2009
- P. David Adelson, M.D. — 2010
- Tae Sung Park, M.D. — 2011
- Fredrick A. Boop, M.D.— 2012
- Timothy B. Mapstone, M.D.— 2013
- Marion L. (Jack) Walker, M.D. — 2014
- R. Michael Scott, M.D. — 2015
- Richard G. Ellenbogen, M.D., FACS — 2016