The department specializes in the comprehensive neurosurgical treatment of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system. See our patient services
Welcome to the Department of Neurological Surgery
OHSU provides hope and new treatment options for patients with neurological disorders. Our nationally recognized neurological programs and centers offer comprehensive clinical and surgical services that are available nowhere else in Oregon.
Our leading-edge research and clinical trial opportunities ultimately provide new treatment options, earlier detection and improved quality of life for patients.
Whether you are a patient or a caregiver, OHSU's Department of Neurological Surgery has the experts who can help you.
So You Want To Be A Neurosurgeon...
OHSU is home to 1 of 97 ACGME approved neurosurgical residency training programs in the United States and Canada. There are 16 (8 men and 8 women) residents in the program.
Campagna Scholarship Application 2016 is now available
Justin Cetas, MD, PhD; Albany woman wakes up pain-free for first time in 20 years (KATU,November 15 2015)
Ahmed Raslan, MD; Brain surgery could prove effective for treating Alzheimer's disease (NewsSource16-KMTR, Eugene, November 8, 2015)
National Geographic to air first live brain surgery on TV; event has ties to the local community
- Powerful iMRI Technology coming to Doernbecher Children's Hospital
- 25th John Raaf Day Lecturer, Anil Nanda, MD, MPH, FACS
- Department of Neurological Surgery leadership transition, Kim Burchiel, M.D., to step down as chair of the department; Nathan Selden, M.D., Ph.D., is appointed next chair
- Dr. Kim Burchiel, 2015 AANS Distinguished Service Award recipient
- Dr. Selden: Congress of Neurological Surgeons President's Message
- OHSU honored-fifth of six sites in the US currently approved to enroll subjects in new Spinal Cord Injury Clinical Trial