The department specializes in the comprehensive neurosurgical treatment of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system. See our patient services
Welcome to the Department of Neurological Surgery
OHSU provides hope and new treatment options for patients with neurological disorders. Our nationally recognized neurological programs and centers offer comprehensive clinical and surgical services that are available nowhere else in Oregon.
Our leading-edge research and clinical trial opportunities ultimately provide new treatment options, earlier detection and improved quality of life for patients.
Whether you are a patient or a caregiver, OHSU's Department of Neurological Surgery has the experts who can help you.
So You Want To Be A Neurosurgeon...
OHSU is home to 1 of 97 ACGME approved neurosurgical residency training programs in the United States and Canada. There are 16 (7 men and 9 women) residents in the program.
Recent Neuroscience News
- 02/03/2016 OHSU Doernbecher opens first pediatric intraoperative MRI facility on the West Coast
- 02/01/2016 Event: OHSU Doernbecher to unveil first pediatric intraoperative MRI facility on the West Coast
- 01/07/2016 Study first to confirm causal link between lead exposure and ADHD
- 12/16/2015 Researchers elucidate network of genes that control when puberty begins
- 11/24/2015 Medical Research Foundation honors top Oregon scientists, mentors
- View all news