The department specializes in the comprehensive neurosurgical treatment of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system. See our patient services
Welcome to the Department of Neurological Surgery
OHSU provides hope and new treatment options for patients with neurological disorders. Our nationally recognized neurological programs and centers offer comprehensive clinical and surgical services that are available nowhere else in Oregon.
Our leading-edge research and clinical trial opportunities ultimately provide new treatment options, earlier detection and improved quality of life for patients.
Whether you are a patient or a caregiver, OHSU's Department of Neurological Surgery has the experts who can help you.
So You Want To Be A Neurosurgeon...
OHSU is home to 1 of 97 ACGME approved neurosurgical residency training programs in the United States and Canada. There are 16 (8 men and 8 women) residents in the program.
- Department of Neurological Surgery leadership transition, Kim Burchiel, M.D., to step down as chair of the department; Nathan Selden, M.D., Ph.D., is appointed next chair
- Dr. Kim Burchiel, 2015 AANS Distinguished Service Award recipient
- View this video as CNS President Nathan R. Selden, MD, PhD, invites you to the 2015 CNS Annual Meeting in New Orleans, September 26–30.
- 9th Gallo Lecture, R. Michael Scott, M.D.
- Dr. Selden: Congress of Neurological Surgeons President's Message
- OHSU honored-fifth of six sites in the US currently approved to enroll subjects in new Spinal Cord Injury Clinical Trial