Effects of exercise and education for people with Parkinsonism
What is EE for PD?
A 12-week program of Exercise & Education
- MRI Brain Imaging
EE for PD is:
- Exercise and education specific to PD
- Safe for all types of Parkinsonism
- Provided at no cost
- Led by trained professionals
- Appropriate for first time to advanced exercisers
- Friendly and fun!
What type of exercise?
Agility training, quick thinking, balance exercises and walking in small groups.
- 90 minutes, 3 days a week for 6 weeks
What type of education?
Self-management program to teach skills to help you take charge of your PD
- 90 minutes, 1 day a week for 6 weeks
Who can join?
People with Parkinson's disease or other types of Parkinsonism with balance or walking problems.
If you can't commit to the 12-week program or are a healthy control subject, you can still participate.
ContactBalance Disorders Laboratory