2016 Regional ACP Meeting Winners
Congratulations to the over 40 OHSU Internal Medicine Residents and Medical Students that presented at the Oregon ACP Regional Meeting in Salem on November 10. Here are the list of OHSU winners:
1st Place - Jeffrey Bien, "On Booby Traps and Burner Phones"
place - Curtis
Lachowiez, "Breaking the Case, By Breaking the Blood"
QI Research Poster
1st place - Suvi Neukam, "Slippery When Wet: Cleaning Up The Fluid Administration Order Menu By Combine Principals of Usability Testing and Improvement Science"
2nd place - Molly Andreason, "Redesigning Care Transitions: Standardizing Interprofessional Discharge Process at VA Portland Healthcare System"
High Value Cost Conscious Care Poster
1st place - Bethany Roy, "The Use Of CPTA In ED And Inpatient Settings For Evaluation Of PE: Are We Choosing Wisely?"
Scholarship in Residency
Scholarly activity is an integral part of clinical training for OHSU residents. It is an essential component of creating a love of life-long learning and clinical curiosity in all areas of medicine. Scholarship can also easily be a fun and fulfilling niche within a clinical practice. Scholarship may take many forms, including clinical/translational research, journal review articles or book chapter publications, case reports and clinical images, quality improvement projects, and presentation of abstract or oral presentations at local, regional, or national conferences and society meetings.
Since 2013, residents have been required to participate in a minimum of two scholarly activities per year for inclusion in their educational portfolio as follows:
At least one of the following:
- First author and presenter of a regional or national poster presentation (eg. SGIM, ACP, IDSA, ASN, DDW, ACC, ACG, or any other conference)
- A peer-reviewed article or manuscript submission (including research or case report)
- An externally disseminated curricular or QI initiative
Other (one from above plus at least one below):
- Develop and implement, non-otherwise required curricular content
- Senior or "Junior" talk
- Independent QI initiative
- The Global Health Botswana didactic talk
- Clinical images publication
- An internally disseminated curricular or QI initiative
A special thanks to Dr. Avital O'Glasser for compiling the resources for these pages.