Dr. Stephanie Halvorson
Associate Program Director
Assistant Professor of Medicine
OHSU Division of Hospital Medicine
DegreesBA - Carleton College, Northfield, MN, 1996
MD - University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, 2001
Internal Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2004
Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2005
Scholarship and Clinical Interests
- Hospital quality and systems improvement
- Curriculum development, for example in pharmaceutical industry marketing techniques and use of evidence-based resources in prescribing
- OHSU ward inpatient rotation coordinator
Dr. Halvorson is an Associate Program Director for the OHSU Internal Medicine Residency Program and is responsible for development and maintenance of rotational and personnel evaluations which include revising rotation evaluations specifically using milestone and competency based language, enabling consistent rotation evaluations of inpatient, outpatient and subspecialty rotations, and enhancing the role of the Residency Competency committee in concert with the chair of the committee. Dr Halvorson is an active member of the OHSU Division of Hospital Medicine and is passionate about improving systems of care for hospitalized patients.
In her spare time Dr Halvorson enjoys running, skiing, and being an official soccer mom for her two kids.
Publications and Scholarly Activities
- Halvorson S, Ricker MA, Barker AF, Patton PE, Harrison RA and Hunter AJ. Thoracic endometriosis unmasked by ovarian hyperstimulation for in vitro fertilization. J Gen Intern 2012 10.1007/s11606-011-1959-3.
- Halvorson S, Cedfeldt AC and Hunter AJ. Fulminant, Non-Antibiotic Associated Clostridium difficile Colitis Following Salmonella Gastroenteritis. J Gen Intern Med. 2011;26:95-97.
- Salerno SM, Hurst FP, Halvorson S and Mercado DL. Principles of effective consultation: An update for the 21st-century consultant. Arch Intern Med. 2007;167:271-5.
- (Abstract) Halvorson, S, Cedfeldt, AS. “Rational Rx: Mind Over Marketing.” A freely accessible, web-based curriculum for Internal Medicine residents. J Gen Intern Med. 2008:23, supp2:216.