The OHSU Internal Medicine Residency Program leadership is comprised of faculty from both the OHSU Hospital and the Portland VA Medical Center. Program leadership currently consists of:
- Program Director - Dr. Sima Desai
- Vice Chair for Education - Dr. Thomas Cooney
- Associate Program Directors - Dr. Erin Bonura, Dr. Joe Chiovaro, Dr. Alan Hunter, Dr. Katie Iossi, Dr. Melissa Nyendak
- Assistant Program Directors
- Curriculum - Dr. Kyle Kent
- Social Media, Scholarship - Dr. Avi O'Glasser
- Ambulatory Medicine - Dr. Brian Ricci
- Global Health - Dr. Claire Zeigler
- Procedure Service - Dr. André Mansoor
- Quality Improvement/Patient Safety - Dr. Shona Hunsaker
- Chief Residents (4) - Dr. Kellie Littlefield, Dr. Drew Oehler, Dr. Bailey Pope, Dr. Katie Thilo
Each resident is linked to an Associate Program Director during their training in our program. Residents meet with their core Program Director bi-annually to review their educational progress and plan out their career pathway.
Our current housestaff originate from all geographical areas of the United States and beyond. We average 99 housestaff per year (33 per class).
During a resident's 2nd and 3rd years they can choose to participate in the Primary Care Track or Global Health Track (or both). Residents may "track" in and out of primary care and global health if their desired career pathway changes.
Map of Current IM Residents Medical School Locations
Recent Resident Graduate Destinations
Where have past graduates from the OHSU Internal Medicine Residency Program gone? We have compiled a list of recent graduates and their career or educational destinations after residency. Destinations are divided into four categories: Fellowship, Hospitalist, Primary Care, Other.