Applicant Information & Resources
How to Apply & Application FAQ'sApplications for internship will be accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) from September 15th to October 1st each year. All intern positions will be filled through the National Residency matching program (NRMP). Traditionally all positions fill and we do not have available positions post-Match.
Application InformationThe application materials we require are as follows:
- Dean's Letter/MSPE
- Departmental/Chair Letter
- Minimum 2 additional Letters of Recommendation (with at least 1 of these by an IM faculty member)
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Transcript (with at least a Step 1 score)
- We offer career pathways in both Categorical and Primary Care Medicine but have only one match code number (Categorical Program NRMP Code Number: 1599140C0).
- International medical graduate applicants must be ECFMG certified by the NRMP ranking deadline (February) to be considered. Current international medical students must be certified by June in the year they graduate. We require at least one year of clinical experience in the U.S. or in a health care system similar to the U.S. (e.g., Australia, Ireland, and the like) and have graduated from medical school in the last 5 years. Please note that we do not count externships, observerships, or research work as clinical experience.
- Applications for PGY-2 and PGY-3 positions will be accepted (outside of ERAS) if openings arise. We recommend that interested candidates check with us in late February/early March, as that is when we would begin our recruitment process if openings do become available.
During the past several interview seasons, a common set of program-related questions has been asked by applicants. We have compiled these frequently asked questions into a list.
Interview ScheduleFor the 2016-17 recruitment season, the OHSU Internal Medicine Residency Program will offer intern applicant interviews on the dates listed below, with an optional meet-and-greet dinner at a local restaurant the evening before.
- October: 28, 31
- November: 4, 7, 9, 14, 18, 21, 28
- December: 2, 5, 9, 12, 16
- January: 2, 6, 9, 11
Interview invitations will be issued on an ongoing basis beginning mid-October.View more interview day information
Visiting Portland? We have a travel resources page to help you plan your trip. Resources include maps of Portland, transit information, recommended hotels, where to eat & drink, directions to the OHSU campus and more.
OHSU Center for Diversity & Inclusion
The OHSU Center for Diversity & Inclusion (CDI) leads and supports the university-wide initiatives to create an environment of respect and inclusion for all people. CDI is dedicated to fostering partnerships to enhance OHSU's mission of healing, teaching, research and community services. With a range of resources and services, CDI supports and empowers students, faculty and staff from all walks of life, including historically underrepresented populations.