Below are resources to assist you in your trip to Portland. Read below for transportation options, recommended hotels, dining options, location of the pre-interview meet & greet, and directions to campus.
Portland Smartphone Apps
The Travel Portland website has a variety of applications for your mobile device to get you around town.
Transit from Portland Airport to Downtown
There are several ground transportation options for traveling between the Portland Airport and Downtown Portland. The Portland International Airport lists several of these options and transportation company contact information.
- A Taxicab will cost approximately $35 - $40 and take 20-40 minutes.
- Door-to-door shuttle services charge a flat rate (approximately $14 one way). Some require advance reservations.
- UberLyft both operate in Portland.
- Light Rail - the MAX light rail red line runs directly from the airport baggage claim area to downtown Portland approximately every 15 minutes. The cost is $2.50 one-way and takes approximately 35-40 minutes. The MAX intersects with the downtown streetcar line and other bus routes. Go to www.trimet.org to plan your trip.
Recommended Hotel Information - get the OHSU rate!
We have compiled a list of recommended hotels for your Portland stay:
- Interactive map - of recommended hotels and their distance to OHSU
- View our recommended hotels with descriptions and the OHSU rate.
Where to Eat and What to Do While in Town
- Oregonlive.com Dining Guide
- Portland Monthly Magazine Food guide
- Day Trip Guide to PDX (if you have extra time in Portland to explore)
- Use the interactive recommended hotels map to find dining options. Click on a hotel icon, click the "search nearby" link, type in the type of food you are looking for (Pizza, Thai, Subs, etc). The map will display your results by location.
Meet & Greet
We will be having an optional meet & greet the evening before each interview in NW Portland. You will receive an invitation approximately two weeks before your scheduled interview date with specific details.
Getting to Campus on Interview Day
- The #8 Trimet bus is the main bus from downtown Portland to OHSU. Departures are approximately every 10-15 minutes. The #8 intersects with both the MAX light rail and streetcar routes.
- The Portland Streetcar intersects with OHSU's Center for Health & Healing (CHH) at the South Waterfront. Marquam Hill is a quick Tram ride up from the CHH (Tram cost is $4.55 up and free down).
- Other routes that stop at OHSU are: #61, 64, 65, 66, 68. Go to www.trimet.org to plan your trip.
- Portland Aerial Tram - Connects the OHSU South Waterfront Campus with the Marquam Hill Campus
Some hotels offer shuttle service to OHSU. Inquire with the hotel about shuttle service when you make your reservation.
Taxicab:A taxicab from downtown to OHSU will vary in price depending on where you are staying. Calculate your approximate fare at this site.
Driving:View the OHSU Marquam Hill Campus Map and driving directions to OHSU. We will send you instructions on parking via email.
Map it - Hotel Options, Meet & Greet Locations, Dining Options
Click on a bed icon for hotel details and nearby dining options. Our pre-interview meet-and-greet locations are also listed on the map (icon of a glass). View a larger image of the map.