How to Apply & Application FAQ'sApplications for internship will be accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) from September 1st to November 1st, 2012. All intern positions will be filled through the National Residency matching program (NRMP). Traditionally all positions fill and we do not have available positions post-Match.
- Our required application materials are the same as ERAS (Transcript, Dean's Letter, two or more Letters of Recommendation, Departmental/Chair Letter, USMLE Transcript, Personal Statement, etc).
- Applications for PGY-2 and PGY-3 positions will be accepted (outside of ERAS) if openings arise. We recommend that interested candidates check with us in late February/early March, as that is when we would begin our recruitment process if openings do become available.
- We offer career pathways in both Categorical and Primary Care Medicine but have only one match code number (Categorical Program NRMP Code Number: 1599140C0).
- International graduates must be ECFMG certified at the time their application is submitted, they must have at least one year of clinical experience in the U.S. or in a health care system similar to the U.S. (e.g., Australia, Ireland, and the like), and have graduated from medical school no earlier than 2007. Please note that we do not count externships, observerships, or research work as clinical experience.
During the past several interview seasons a common set of program-related questions has been asked by applicants. We have compiled these program-related frequently asked questions into a single document.
Interview ScheduleThe OHSU Internal Medicine Residency Program offers intern applicant interviews mid-November through late January. Interviews are held on the days listed below with an optional evening meet-and-greet at a local restaurant the evening before. For 2012-13 Intern Applicant Interviews will be held:
- November - 5, 7, 14, 19, 26, 28, 30
- December - 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19
- January - 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 23
We will be inviting qualified intern applicants who applied via ERAS on an ongoing basis starting mid-October/early November.
For those of you that received an invitation to interview with us via Interview Broker but have been unable to schedule because the date(s) you wanted are full please use your interview invitation link and check back from time to time on availability. Due to technical limitations with the software we are unable to offer a wait list. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Visiting Portland? We have a travel resources page to help you plan your trip. Resources include maps of Portland, transit information, recommended hotels, where to eat & drink, directions to the OHSU campus and more.