OHSU Internal Medicine Residency Program
The Department of Medicine offers a categorical three year resident training program in Internal Medicine with an optional primary care elective track. Residents rotate through the OHSU Hospital and Clinics, the adjacent Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and various community sites. We currently have 33 positions in each PGY level (PGY-1 through PGY-3).
The program emphasizes academic excellence throughout the training experience, offering a learning environment that balances the personal and professional needs of our house staff. Residents divide their time among general medicine and subspecialty ward services, intensive care units, ambulatory care experiences, consultation rotations, emergency rooms and long-term care settings. The primary care track places additional emphasis on ambulatory care, behavioral medicine and geriatrics; and experiences in related areas such as gynecology, dermatology and medical orthopedics.
The Department of Medicine faculty are strongly committed to resident education, excellence in clinical care and clinical and basic science research.
For Prospective Resident Applicants
- Applicant Information & Resources (Interview Schedule, Application FAQ's, Program FAQ's, Travel Resources)
- People (Leadership, Current Housestaff, Recent Graduate Destinations)
- Pin Map of Medical School locations of our current housestaff
- Program (Curriculum, Facilities, Primary Care, Global Health, Electives)
- Research (Resident and Faculty Research)
- Portland & Oregon (In the Media, Spousal/Partner Job Resources)
- OHSU at a Glance
IM Residents at Oregon ACP Meeting
42 OHSU Internal Medicine Residents participated in the Oregon ACP Poster and Oral Competition on November 7. Our residents took home the following awards:
- 1st Place - Nate Gay
- 1st Place, Quality Improvement - Larry Huan
- 2nd Place, Quality Improvement - Lidija McGrath
- 1st Place, Clinical Research - Sue Shokoohi
- 2nd Place, Clinical Research - Karen Saks
Clinical Vignette Posters
- 1st Place - Drew Oehler
- 2nd Place - Sriram Ravi