How to Apply - Nephrology
Nephrology Fellowship Application Process
Nephrology fellowship applicants must have completed three years of postgraduate training in an ACGME accredited internal medicine program prior to beginning fellowship. Applications are judged on the basis of the applicant's academic and clinical training record, recommendations of medical school and postgraduate training supervisors, and interviews with faculty. Applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S., or eligible to obtain work authorization.
Applications are only accepted through ERAS. We participate in the national Nephrology match and do not accept applications outside the match.
The following is required to be submitted via ERAS:
- Completed ERAS application
- Personal statement
- Letters of recommendation from:
- The Dean of the applicant's medical school (Dean's Letter). Note, applications are not complete and will not be reviewed without the Dean's letter. If you are a foreign graduate and have difficulty obtaining a Dean's letter, please email the information to us.
- The Director of the applicant's internship and residency program.
- Any physician or medical scientist having special knowledge of the applicant's ability or performance. Two are required and additional letters in this category are welcome.
Candidates for interview will be contacted directly by our office. Please email us with all inquiries regarding application or interview status.
Interested in Transplant Nephrology?
Applications for the transplant nephrology fellowship program are handled separately from the general nephrology fellowship program. If you are interested in that program please contact them directly.