How to Apply - Nephrology
Nephrology fellowship application process
Nephrology Fellowship applicants must have completed three years of postgraduate training in internal medicine prior to beginning the fellowship. Applications are judged on the basis of the applicant's academic and clinical training record, recommendations of medical school and postgraduate training supervisors, and personal interviews with division faculty. Applicant must be legally able to work in the U.S., or eligible to obtain work authorization.
Applications are only accepted through ERAS. We participate in the national Nephrology match, and will not accept applications outside the match (we are an all-in program).
The following is required to be submitted via ERAS:
- Completed ERAS application
- Personal Statement
- Letter of recommendation from:
- The Dean of the applicant's medical school (Dean's Letter)
- Applications are not complete and will not be reviewed without the Dean's letter, transcripts are not a substitute
- If you are a foreign graduate and have difficulty obtaining a Dean's letter, please email the information to us
- The Director of the applicant's internship and residency program
- Any physician or medical scientist having special knowledge of the applicant's ability or performance.
- Two are required, additional letters in this category are recommended.
- All letters of recommendation should include beginning and ending dates of training.
- ECFMG certificate is required, if applicable
- Board scores and transcript must be provided
- Mobile phone number or other way to contact you
Candidates for interview will be contacted directly by our office. Please email us with all inquires regarding application or interview status.