How to Apply - Transplant
Nephrology fellowship application process
Nephrology Transplant Fellowship applicants must have completed three years of postgraduate training in internal medicine and two years of a Nephrology fellowship prior to beginning the fellowship. Applications are judged on the basis of the applicant's academic and clinical training record, recommendations of medical school and postgraduate training supervisors, and personal interviews with division faculty.
Applications should be submitted 12-21 months prior to the intended starting date; the selection process is completed approximately 18 months prior to the starting date.
We have filled the position for the 2017-2018 year. We are now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 year.
The following should be submitted via postal mail:
- Completed fillable PDF application
- Personal Statement
- Letter of recommendation from:
- The Dean of the applicant's medical school (Dean's Letter)
- Applications are not complete and will not be reviewed without the Dean's letter, transcripts are not a substitute
- If you are a foreign graduate and have difficulty obtaining a Dean's letter, please enclose a copy of the letter used for application to your residency or fellowship program instead.
- The Director of the applicant's internship and residency program
- Any physician or medical scientist having special knowledge of the applicant's ability or performance.
- Two are required, additional letters in this category are recommended.
- All letters of recommendation should include beginning and ending dates of training.
- ECFMG certificate is required, if applicable
- Board scores and transcript must be provided
- Mobile phone number or other way to contact you
Mail your Nephrology Transplant application packet to:
Oregon Health & Science University
Transplant Fellowship Program Coordinator
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension
Mail Code: SJH6
3181 S.W Sam. Jackson Park Road
Portland, OR 97239-3098
Candidates for interview will be contacted directly by our office. Please email us with all inquires regarding application or interview status.