Pen Barnes, MBBS, MRCP, FRCPath, PhD
Division of Infectious Diseases, OHSU
- BSc: Immunology and Pathology of Infectious Diseases, London, UK
- M.B.B.S.: (UK MD equivalent) Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, London, UK 1992
- Ph.D. (Microbiology) Open University, UK 2005
Medicine Residency:Internal Medicine: Oxford University, UK 1993-1995
- Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Fellowship: Oxford University, UK 1995-2003
- Wellcome Trust Clinical Microbiology Research Fellowship: Oxford University, UK and Tufts University, Boston, MA 1998-2003
- Infectious Diseases: University of Washington, and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Seattle, WA 2003-2006
Clinical Responsibilities:Director Outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy services.
Combined Orthopedic and Infectious Diseases Program.
Transplant Infectious Diseases, in patient and outpatient services.
Diagnosis and management of orthopedic and neurosurgery infections Risks for poor outcomes in patients receiving IV antibiotics in the community
Orthopedic and neurosurgery infections
- Barnes PD and Marr KA. 2007 Diagnosis and prognostic indicators of invasive mould infections after stem cell transplantation. Br J Haematol. 139(4):519-31.
- Barnes PD and Marr KA. 2006 Aspergillosis: Spectrum of Diseases, Diagnosis and Treatment. Infectious Disease Clinics of North America. 20(3):545-561.
- Barnes PD, Berman, MA, Mecsas, J, Isberg, RR. 2006 Yersinia pseudotuberculosis disseminates directly from a replicating bacterial pool in the intestine. J Exp Med. Jun 12;203(6):1591-601.
- Wong, K-W, Barnes, P, Isberg, RR. 2004 The invasin protein of enteropathogenic Yersinia: Integrin binding and the role in gastrointestinal diseases. Yersinia: Molecular and Cellular Biology. Horizon Bioscience. 91-108.
- Isberg R. Barnes, P., Wong, KW 2003. Uptake of Y. pseudotuberculosis into cultures cells and integrin receptor signalling. Microbial Subversion of host cells. Cambridge University Press. 37-51.
- Isberg R.R and Barnes PD 2002 Dancing with the host; flow-dependent bacterial adhesion. Cell. Jul 12;110(1):1-4.
- Isberg R.R and Barnes PD. 2001 Subversion of integrins by enteropathogenic Yersinia. J Cell Sci. Jan;114(Pt 1):21-28.