Targol Saedi, MD, FACP
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Director of Clinical Hospitalist Service
Clinical & Medicine Teaching Hospitalist Services
MD: Oregon Health & Science University, Portland OR, 2007
BA: Portland State University, Biology (High Honors), Portland, OR 2002
Residency:Residency: Yale University, New Haven, CT, 2010
Internship: University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, 2008
Research & Clinical Interests:
- Hospital Medicine
- Medical Education
- Process Improvement
Service & Committees:
- OHSU School of Medicine Admissions/Interview Committee
- OHSU School of Medicine Student Honors & Awards Committee
- OHSU Medical Student Education Review Board Committee
- Saedi T. and Chiovaro J. "Hospitalist grand rounds: Vision to reality." ACP Hospitalist, 20, October 2014.
- Cetas J.S., Nasseri M., Saedi T., Kuang A.A., Selden N.R. Delayed intracranial hypertension after cranial vault remodeling for nonsyndromic single-suture synostosis. J Neurosurg:Pediatrics 11:661-666, 2013.
- Saedi T. "From dysphagia to euphoria." ACP Hospitalist, 44-45, March 2013.
- Saedi T., Saedi G., Litvack Z.N., Neuwelt E.A., Nemecek A.N. Impact of a thinkfirst
community outreach on skateboarders’ use of personal protective equipment. Congress of Neurological Surgeons: Congress Quarterly, 13-15, Fall 2011.
- Saedi T., Cetas J.S., Chang R., Krol A., Selden N.R. Newborn with nevus sebaceous of
jadassohn presenting as exophytic scalp lesion. Pediatr Neurosurg 44(2): 144-7, 2008.
- Cetas J.S., Saedi T., Burchiel K.J. Destructive procedures for the treatment of non-
malignant pain: a structured literature review. J Neurosurg 109(3): 389-404, 2008.
- Liu K.J., Saedi T., Delashaw J.B., McMenomey S.O. Management of complications in
neurotology. Otolaryngol Clin North Am 40: 651- 667, 2007.
- Saedi T. “Where someone lives.” Anthology of Poetry by Young Americans, 1998
Honors & Awards:
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- OHSU Faculty teaching award, Internal Medicine Residency Program
- 2016 Portland Monthly Magazine "Top Doctors"
After graduating with a Bachelors of Arts with High Honors from Portland State University, Dr. Saedi received her medical degree from Oregon Health & Science University. She completed her internship at the University of Maryland and her residency at Yale University in the Primary Care Training Program. She remained there as faculty for one year prior to returning home to Oregon and OHSU. She has been the Director of the OHSU Clinical Hospitalist Service since 2012 and has appreciated the opportunity to be involved in the growth and success of this extraordinary group and Division. Her interests include hospital medicine, medical education, and process improvement. She enjoys traveling, hiking, cinema, art, music, and spending time with family and friends.