Sudhakar Karlapudi, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Clinical & Medicine Teaching Hospitalist Services
MBBS: Christian Medical College, Vellore, India, 2002
Residency:Chief Residency: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, 2011
Residency: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, 2011
Internship: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, 2009
- Health care delivery systems
- Quality Improvement
- Outcomes assessment
- Karlapudi S, Kocheril AG. Unusual causes of sudden cardiac death. EP lab digest. December 2010.
- Varkey P, Karlapudi SP. Lessons learned from a 5-year experience with a 4-week experiential Quality Improvement Curriculum in a Preventive Medicine fellowship. J Grad Med Edu. September 2009: 93-99.
- Varkey P, Karlapudi S, Rose S, Swensen S. A patient safety curriculum for graduate medical education: results from a needs assessment of educators and patient safety experts. Am J Med Qual. May-Jun 2009;24(3):214-221.
- Varkey P, Karlapudi S, Rose S, Nelson R, Warner M. A systems approach for implementing practice-based learning and improvement and systems-based practice in graduate medical education. Acad Med. Mar 2009;84(3):335-339.
- Varkey P, Karlapudi SP. A systems approach to teach core topics across graduate medical education programmes. Ann Acad Med Singapore. Dec 2008;37(12):1044-1045.
- Varkey P, Karlapudi SP, Bennet KE. Teaching quality improvement: a collaboration project between medicine and engineering. Am J Med Qual. Jul-Aug 2008;23(4):296-301.
- Varkey P, Karlapudi SP, Hensrud DD. The impact of a quality improvement program on employee satisfaction in an academic microsystem. Am J Med Qual. May-Jun 2008;23(3):215-221.
Running, hiking, movies and spending time with family.