Sima Desai, MD, FACP
Director of Internal Medicine Residency Program
Medicine Teaching Service
Degrees:MD: University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM, 1994
BS: University of New Mexico (Biology with Distinction), Albuquerque, NM, 1990
BA: University of New Mexico (Chemistry), Albuquerque, NM, 1990
Chief Residency: Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 1998
Residency: Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR 1997
Internship: Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR 1995
- Medical Education - Adult Learning Theory
- Cognitive Errors
- Bowen JL, Eckstrom E, Desai SS, Joseph C, Newton P, Singer C. Pocket Card Tools for Geriatric Educators. (June 2004). http://www.ohsu.edu/sgimhartford/educationalresources.htm.
- Eckstrom, E., Bowen, J., Joseph, C., Desai, S., Ririe, M., Wolf, A. Collaborative Centers for Research and Education in the Care of Older Adults: Oregon Health Sciences University and the University of Virgina. SGIM Forum. 27(5): 6. May 2004.
- Hunter, AJ., Desai, SS., and Harrison, RA, Chan BC. Medical Student Evaluation of the Quality of Hospitalist and Non-Hospitalist Teaching Faculty on Inpatient Medicine Rotations. Academic Medicine 2004;79:78-82
- Embi, PJ., Desai, SS., and Cooney, TG. Use and Utility of Web-Based Residency Program Information: a Survey of Residency Applicants. J Med Internet Res 2003;25;5(3):e22.