Shalini Gupta, MD, MPH
College of Baroda, Gujarat, India, 2004
MPH: Portland State University, Portland, OR, 2008
of Buffalo at SUNY Buffalo, NY, 2011
Internship: University of Buffalo at SUNY Buffalo, NY, 2009
Research & Clinical Interests:
- Hospitalist Medicine
- Quality Improvement
- Use of technology to enhance quality of patient care and reduce medical waste
- Palliative care and goals of care discussions.
- Gupta S, Merchant SS. "Lemierre's Syndrome: Rare but Life Threatening-A Case Report with Streptococcus intermedius." Case Rep Med. 2012;2012:624065.
- Cheriel C, Huguet N, Gupta S, McClure H, Leman R, Ngo D. "Arthritic Pain Among Latinos: Results from a Community-Based Survey." Arthritis & Rheumatism, Arthritis Care & Research. 2009, Nov, 61(11), 1491-96.
- Huguet N, Cheriel C, Gupta S, Luhr GA. "Should We Rely Only on Physician-Diagnosed Arthritis?" The Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, 2011 Feb;13(1):184-7.
- Carter MW, Gupta S. "Characteristics and Outcomes of Injury-Related ED Visits among Older Adults." The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2008, 26(3), 296-303.
Posters and Presentations:
- Gupta, S. "Diagnostic Dilemma between Catastrophic Antiphospholipid Syndrome (CAPS) and Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenic Thrombosis (HITT)." ACP 2010 meeting (April 2010), New York.
- Gupta S, Tahir N, Merchant S."Lemierre's Syndrome: Rare but Life Threatening." ACP 2009 meeting (May 2009), New York.
- Cheriel C, Gupta S, Martinez I. "Beyond Mainstream Medicine: Home Remedies and Other Alternatives for Coping with Arthritis Among Older Hispanics." Gerontological Society of America's 61st Annual Scientific Meeting (November 2008), Maryland.
- Cheriel C, Gupta S, Ruiz M. "Coping Strategies for Latinos Living with Pain: The Role of Prayer." 136th APHA Annual Meeting & Exposition (October 2008) San Diego, California.
- Huguet N, Cheriel C, Gupta S. "Modes of Survey and Reported Biases: Study of Latino Health". 136th APHA Annual Meeting & Exposition (October 2008) San Diego, California.
- Gupta S, Cheriel C, Ruiz M. "Coping with Arthritis and Pain: Latino Farm Workers." 17th Annual Western Migrant Stream
Forum (January 2008) Spokane, Washington.
- Gupta S, Sandoval E, Spilotros, A. "Use of Home Remedies and Alternative Therapies for Arthritis among Latinos". OPHA: 63rd Annual Meeting (October 2007) Portland, Oregon.
Dr. Gupta is a native of India and received her medical degree from Medical College Baroda, Gujarat, India. She completed her Internal Medicine Residency at SUNY, Buffalo, NY. She also earned her MPH from Portland State University. Dr. Gupta works as a clinical hospitalist and preoperative medicine specialist. Her clinical and research interests include working on health promotion in chronic disease, judicious use of health care resources, working with patients with substance abuse, and helping people at the end of life. She enjoys hiking, cooking, Indian music, and spending time with her family.Back to Hospital Medicine Faculty Listing