In the OHSU Hematology and Medical Oncology fellowship program, our goal is to train the next generation of physician-scientists to provide exceptional clinical care and advance the field while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Our curriculum is designed to meet the following objectives:
- Provide excellent clinical training in inpatient and outpatient care
- Cultivate fluency with modern health care delivery systems
- Guarantee adequate protected time for basic or clinical research
- Assist in choosing a professional path (see Educational Tracks)
- Prepare fellows to pass the American Board of Internal Medicine examinations in hematology, medical oncology or both (most physicians prefer to be "double boarded")
- Provide periodic feedback on your performance
Ideal Fellow Attributes:
- Seeks feedback
- Hard working
- Works well on a team
- Excellent communication skills
In the coming years the OHSU Hem/Onc fellowship program hopes to attract outstanding candidates who are driven to be a part of scientific discovery, to provide excellent and compassionate clinical care, and, ideally, to commit to an academic career in medicine.
Please contact us with any questions you may have about the program.