- July 16, 2015: Madeleine Sanford, FNP-C, presented "Developmental & Autism Screening in Childhood: How to do it & Make it Work for You."
- June 18, 2014: Erika Bliss, MD, Qlaince Healthcare, presented "Restructuring American Healthcare: The Promise of Primary Care Re-Visioned."
- May 21, 2014: Roger Garvin, MD, presented "Residency Milestones: How they May Help Us in Resident Advising, Etc."
- March 19, 2014: Cezary Wocjik, MD, PhD, DSC, presented "New Lipid Guidelines: One Big Mess."
- Feb. 19, 2014: Jennifer DeVoe, MD, DPhil, presented "Creating Community Laboratories for Learning & Discovery: Practice-based Research Networks and 'Learning Health Systems' in Primary Care."
- Jan. 8, 2014: Dr. Robert "Bob" Phillips, Jr., presented "The Future of Family Medicine 2.0 Defining Excellence in Community Practice."
- Dec. 20, 2013: Timothy Burdick, MD, FAAFP, FAWM, presented "Problem-oriented Medical Records & Electronic Notes: History & Current State."
- Nov. 20, 2013: Debbie Cohen, PhD, presented "Integrating Behavioral Health into Primary Care: Tales from the Field."
- Oct. 16, 2013: LJ Fagnan presented "Integrating Shared Decision Making (SDM) into Primary Care Practice." The presentation discussed the basic elements of shared decision making, SDM resources/tools and the results of implementing SDM Decision Aids into rural Oregon primary care practices. This four-year study was funded by the Informed Medical Decisions Foundation.
Research & Scholarship
- Dec. 11, 2013: Theresa Deisher, PhD, president & R&D Ddirector, Life Sciences Center, Seattle, presented, "Environmental Triggers & World Wide Autism Disorder: The Perfect Storm?"
- Nov. 13 2013: Christina Milano, MD, presented "Decreasing Utilization & Improving Health via REaCH." The REaCH (Richmond Engagement and Community Health) Team at Family Medicine at Richmond is a multidisciplinary group that is attempting to reduce repeat hospitalizations and emergency department use among high-cost, high-acuity adult Medicaid patients.