Family Medicine Clinical Experience for New Medical Students
(Available ONLY to incoming OHSU first-year students)
The Summer Observership enables students to:
- Spend a week living and working with a family physician
- Gain early experience with medicine and human dimensions of medicine
- Become more familiar with office-based and community health care
- Form relationships with physician role models and explore physician lifestyle issues
- Practice sites are available throughout Oregon.
- Students are matched with physicians according to interests and availability.
- Physician hosts provide housing and most meals.
Note: Students will be responsible for arranging their own transportation to and from their site.
- Completion of registration and information sheet
- Attendance at half-day orientation on OHSU campus
- Completion of one full week with assigned physician.