Rural Family Medicine Experience
The 2013 Rural Family Medicine Experience is full.
Applications are no longer being accepted
Family Medicine Elective for 2nd-Year Medical Students
(Available ONLY to enrolled OHSU 2nd-year medical students).
Students who have completed their first year may spend one or two weeks advancing their clinical skills with patients, as well as experiencing firsthand the lifestyle and medical practice of a rural family physician.
Requirements for 1 Elective Credit
- Completion of required registration and information sheet
- One full week with assigned physician
- Feedback form after the completed week
- Practice sites are available all over Oregon, and students may choose from a variety of preceptors and practice styles
- The experience may be arranged for any week(s) during the summer, and preceptors provide housing and most meals
Note: Students will be responsible for arranging their own transportation to and from their site.