Rural Family Medicine Experience
Family Medicine Elective for 2nd-Year Medical Students
(Available ONLY to enrolled OHSU rising 2nd-year medical students).
Students who have completed their first year will spend one or two weeks honing their clinical skills with patients. They will also experience the lifestyle and medical practice of a rural family physician.
Requirements for 1-Elective Credit
- Completion of information sheet
- Completion of at least one full week with assigned physician
- Complete evaluation form after the experience
- Practice sites are available throughout Oregon
- Students may choose from a variety of preceptors and practice styles
- The experience may be arranged for any week(s) during the summer
- Preceptors provide housing and most meals
- Students are responsible for arranging their own transportation to and from their site
- Students may be eligible to receive a modest stipend