Attend a Training SessionTo find out about our next training session, please contact us!
Our offered training courses provide participants with the knowledge and tools necessary to better manage a chronically ill patient population and are intended for those directly involved in care management - usually a care manager/care coordinator, lead provider, clinic manager, and others.
The Care Management Plus curriculum includes a one-day in-person training and subsequent 8 weeks of online instruction. The in-person component provides an intensive jump-start to the core competencies of care management. The rest of the Care Management Plus curriculum is taught online over 8 weeks through learning modules, discussions, and assignments, and each week’s material can be reviewed at the convenience of the student after completion.
Care managers who successfully complete the Care Management Plus curriculum will learn and develop skills to:
- Empower patients with multiple chronic diseases to organize, prioritize, and implement suggested self-management strategies
- Identify barriers to care and intervene to overcome or eliminate these when possible
- Coordinate resources to ensure that necessary services are provided at the most appropriate level of care and at the appropriate time
- Identify patient situations at-risk for destabilization and intervene to eliminate the risk when possible
- Gather, interpret, and use data to identify problems and trends and to demonstrate outcomes and cost-effectiveness
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by Oregon Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Please contact us for more information about hosting or attending a training near you.