Julie is an NLM Fellow and in the combined MD/PhD program at OHSU School of Medicine. Her informatics research interests include EHR usability, EHR design, and medical decision making. Prior to joining the program at OHSU, she completed her undergraduate training at Brown University and worked with John Hornberger, MD MS, on comparative effectiveness, decision analysis and outcomes research in Menlo Park, CA.
Medical and Graduate School: Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine, Portland, Oregon, M.D. and Ph.D. degrees anticipated in 2016
College: Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, Sc.B. Biology, 2007
National Library of Medicine Fellow, OHSU Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology, Portland, OR, 2012-present.
N.L. Tartar Research Fellow, Portland, OR, 2012. Project: Heart Valve Development in an Ovine Model. Mentor: Frederick Tibayan M.D.
National Institute of Health TL1 OSLER Fellowship, Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute, Portland, OR, 2010. Project: Heart Valve Development in an Ovine Model. Mentor: Frederick Tibayan M.D.
- Hornberger J, Doberne J, Chien R. LDT-SynFrame: An approach for assessing laboratory developed tests synthesized from prior appraisal frameworks. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2012 Feb 2. [Epub ahead of print]
- Doberne JW, Diggs B, McNeil F, Tibayan F, Adler E, Slater M, Guyton S, Kim T, Song HK. Impact of Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) Implantation on Clinical and Economic Outcomes of Heart Transplantation (HT) in the United States (US) from 2001-2006 [poster presentation]. International Society for Heart & Lung Transplantation 30th Anniversary Meeting & Scientific Sessions, Chicago, IL, April 21-24, 2010
- Klang SH, Hammerman A, Liebermann N, Efrat N, Doberne J, Hornberger JC. Economic implications of 21-gene breast cancer risk assay from the perspective of an Israeli managed healthcare organization. Value Health 2010 Jun-Jul;13(4):381-7. Epub Apr 15, 2010.
- Gralnek I, Leighton J, Lacey M, Doberne J, Richner R, Papatheofanis F. Evidence Quality Assessment for Use of Capsule Endoscopy (CE) in Suspected Small Bowel Crohn's Disease (CD). Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2009, Volume 69, Issue 5, Page AB316
- Hornberger JC, Shewade A, Doberne JW, Kowalski J, Nguyen H. A systematic literature review of utilities associated with visual acuity in retinal diseases. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2008. 49E-abstract 4478.
- "Computerized Clinical Decision Support in Surgery" - NLM Fellows Conference, OHSU Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology, January 22, 2013
- "EHR and the Patient-Clinician Interaction" - NLM Fellows Conference, OHSU Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology, October 9, 2012
- "Disorders of the Umbilicus" - Educational Conference, Division of Pediatric Surgery, OHSU Department of Surgery, May 16, 2012
- "Trends in Lung Transplantation: 2002-2012" - Division of Pulmonology, OHSU Department of Pediatrics - April 13, 2012
- "Management of Intracranial Mycotic Aneurysms complicating Endocarditis" - Grand Rounds, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, OHSU Department of Surgery, January 24, 2011
LEADERSHIP, PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & ORGANIZATIONS
- Assistant Editor, International Medical Informatics Association (IMIA) MedInfo Conference, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2013
- OHSU School of Medicine Informatics and Technology Working Group, 2013
- OHSU School of Medicine MedNet Peer Advising, MD/PhD Group Leader, 2012-2013
- American Medical Informatics Association - 2012
- American Physician Scientists Association - 2012
- Nominee, American Association for the Advancement of Science - 2012
- OHSU School of Medicine Task Force on Conflict of Interest - 2012
- OHSU Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) Accreditation Task Force, 2010 - present
- American College of Surgeons, 2010 – present
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons, 2010 – present
- Association for Surgical Education, 2010 – present
- American College of Physicians, 2011 - present
- Women in Thoracic Surgery, 2011-present