Nuclear Medicine for Medical Students
Goals and objectives
- Discuss challenges specific to imaging children and how these may affect choice of imaging modality
- Contrast normal anatomy on a chest x-ray of an infant compared to an adult
- Recognize growth plates as a normal finding
- Explain the significance of physeal involvement of a fracture. What are these fractures called?
- List types of injuries that should raise suspicion for non-accidental trauma
- What is a buckle fracture?
- What is the significance of a toddler fracture?
- Construct the appropriate imaging approach for common diagnostic scenarios including: Suspected pyloric stenosis, intussusception, vomiting, suspected testicular torsion, and joint pain or limping