MRI Spectroscopy Protocol - Single
Sequence Set Up
- The radiologist will plan the spect voxels. Typically they will want one on whatever lesion they are looking at, and one in normal healthy white matter.
- Voxel sizes: maximum 20 x 20 x 20, but you can go as small as 10 x 10 x 10.
- Make every effort possible to avoid placing any part of the voxelss inside CSF, bone, or air. You may turn the voxel boxes in any direction to help achive this.
- It is useful to run an additional COR T2 to help plan the voxels.
- Once the spect scan has completed, open the advanced Viewer tab
- Right mouse click on the spect and choose "Spectroview" sequence
- The Next screen will change to something like this:
- Click the icon link on the far left on the upper part of the screen.
- Click on "LongTeBrain" and then click "OK"
- The next screen will look like this. Choose "Spectrum Phase Adjustment" so the checkmark is visible in the box. Do not click any other options.
- Click "RUN"
- The next screen will look like this: MAKE SURE YOU SEE THE RED BOX IN EVERY VIEW
- Scroll through the images of the brain with your mouse until you can see the RED VOXEL BOX in every view.
- Make a screen capture of this screen and send to PACS.