MRI Perfusion Post Processing on Intellispace
Revised - 1/13/2013
Follow the instructions to complete the processing (below).
- Do not window and level perfusion images. If you do, start over from beginning.
- Scroll through raw data to scroll through perfusion images.
- You can draw ROI on perfusion images directly. Right click and choose draw ROI. If green mirror line is correct, contralateral ROI will be drawn automatically.
- To edit ROI, right click on perfusion and uncheck draw ROI.
- The rainbow button lets you change colors. I like ASIST LUT scheme.
- The 4 square button lets you see 1 perfusion image or 4 maps at once.
- The temporal and spatial smoothing are optional. May make images look better, may not.
- If you need more details. click help. There is a PDF with full instructions in there.
IV contrast given as a Bolus
- a good IV is needed.
Dynamic Continuous T2* imaging during bolus administration
- the patient must hold still!
Open Philips portal, and login.
If you don't have a login, contact Jon Hanada.
If you don't see the portal icon, you must install it.
Login: Your OHSU sign on
Users can change their password after logging in:
- Select preference
- Select login
- Select change password
- enter current password
- Enter new password x2
Find the patient
Select perfusion series. DSC or DCE data works.
Select/ highlight the perfusion data series
In the upper left under analysis, choose the correct perfusion processing method, T1 (DCE), T2* (DSC).
The perfusion software will open. First define an Arterial input function, AIF, if you don't see the box below, under more, choose manual AIF.
- Scroll through images until you see an artery.
- Move red box over it.
- Choose "Arterial" looking curves (see yellow below).
- Select "OK"
Try not to pick the infarcted/ ischemic artery
- usually you will use the ACA, but any vessel will work.
- Choose the slice that is perpendicular to the flow in the artery to avoid partial volume averaging.
Choose the maps you want under #1.
Index = CBF
Neg Integral = CBV
Mean transit time = MTT
Click "select other underlay".
Then Select "Opens list of all available sequences".
Choose whatever is most revelant to lesion (ie. T2, post gad axial)
Step 10Click "select other underlay". Then "select". This opens a list of all available sequences. Choose whatever is most revelant to lesion, T2, post gad axial ect.... Click ok.
Use Opacity slider to switch between overlay and perfusion. I like around 40-50% for most cases.
Generate maps. Name them portal or something. You MUST have used an overlay to see images in color on PACS.
If you drew ROI's, you must save display to get data. Click save icon and choose "Save Display as..."
Go Back to directory. You should see the 3 image series you created (1 for each map), plus any ROI screen captures.
Highlight the series you created and right click. Select copy to... Choose PACS 3 or 4.