Regional Anesthesia Protocols
This just in! New Regional Anesthesia Protocols. Please click the link below to view.
These educational resources focus on lower extremity blocks and include:
- An introductory lecture to ultrasound physics
- Quizzes to test your knowledge of sonoanatomy
- Ultrasound anatomy instructional videos on how to perform ultrasound guided lower extremity peripheral nerve blocks
- A video clip library (Sono-Library) of ultrasound and MRI scans from multiple patients for practicing identification of anatomic structures
- An interactive scanning tool to familiarize users with sonoanatomy and corresponding MRI images
Use of Lower extremity blocks in surgical procedures
Lower extremity peripheral nerve blocks are useful for a variety of surgical procedures. Femoral nerve blocks are commonly used for hip arthroplasty and arthroscopy, hip and femur fractures, ACL surgery, and knee arthroplasty while sciatic nerve blocks are often used for hip arthroplasty, knee arthroplasty, and leg and ankle surgery.