Education Vision Statement:
To be the best anesthesiology residency program in the nation, committed to developing physicians who demonstrate clinical excellence, dedication to life-long self-directed learning and a commitment to leadership in medicine.
- Develop physicians committed to using evidence-based practice, quality improvement and advances in patient safety to provide superior patient centered care.
- Create innovative educational programs and methods and confirm effectiveness through outcomes research.
- Develop national and community leaders in anesthesiology and medicine.
- Advance the field of anesthesiology through support of resident scholarly activity.
- Foster a mutually supportive and respectful culture that actively promotes diversity, wellness and teamwork to cultivate an effective learning environment.
Commitment to Diversity:
The anesthesiology training programs are committed to creating an environment where diversity thrives among its faculty, staff, and learners.
Diversity is one of the six core goals of the OHSU strategic plan. The institution is committed to cultivating a climate of inclusion and respect for every individual in the OHSU community, and to fostering aculturally proficient, inclusive, and diverse work force. Within the Department of Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine, diversity is also a focus of our mission.
As you consider becoming a part of our OHSU and APOM community, you may find these diversity resources valuable:
- Center for Diversity &Inclusion (CDI)
- Diversity Action Plan
- Diversity Resource Guide
- Diversity Program for Visiting Students
In addition, all interviewed applicants for our programs are offered an opportunity to visit the CDI during their time on campus. As a department, we have identified several individuals who would be happy to speak confidentially with you to give you their perspective on diversity in the department, the institution, and the region. If you are interested in talking with one of these individuals, please let our education team know when you arrange your interview.