Students with backgrounds in the Physical, Mathematical, Computational or Engineering Sciences who would like the opportunity to employ their analytical skills and exploit new measurement technologies to construct novel insights into human biology are encouraged to apply.
We acknowledge that undergraduate students are unlikely to have extensive training in both the analytical skills and the biological skills. Thus, we encourage outstanding students in either the quantitative or biological disciplines with a desire to learn the other to apply.
Our curriculum has the flexibility to allow students to be extended in some areas, while filling gaps in others.
Applicants apply through the Program in Molecular & Cellular Biosciences. When applying, please make sure you mark Quantitative Bioscience & Bioengineering as your primary interests on the application.
- Visit the Graduate Studies Admissions Page
- Choose Application Process from the left hand navigation box
- Click on the ON-LINE APPLICATION
- Select First Time User Account
- Create a New User Account. Please make note of your log-in ID and pin. This will allow you to check on the status of your application and received documents.
- When asked to Select Application Type, Choose PMCB Molecular & Cellular Bioscience
- Choose Term: Fall 14
- When asked to choose Planned Course of Study, Choose PhD Program in Molecular & Cellular Biosciences
- Choose Quantitative Bioscience & Biomedical Engineering from one of the 7 Areas of Interest
- Enter any of the suggested undergraduate coursework you have completed in the text box
- Click the link for QB Faculty to review
- Enter up to 5 faculty names of which you are interested
- Continue to complete the application
- If the application is complete you will see 10 check-marks indicating all fields have been completed.
- You must click Application is Complete to be directed to the credit card payment screen.