For information related to the Cancer Biology Journal Club, Cancer Biology Research Group, CANB 616, and general information regarding the Cancer Biology Graduate Program please visit the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute Wiki
By-Laws & Student Handbook
Helpful InformationQualifying Exam:
For complete Qual Exam requirements refer to the CANB Academic Guidelines PhD Qualifying Exam section.
- Students are not allowed to use their research project for the Qual Exam.
- Two ~300 word abstracts should be submitted to the Graduate Student Coordinator on or before July 13 of their second year
- Students who have not established a Thesis Advisory Committee will not be allowed to take the Qualifying Exam
- Once a student has declared a dissertation laboratory they have no more than 6 months to nominate a Preliminary Thesis Advisory Committee
- The PTAC nominations should be sent to the chair of the Graduate Education Committee
- After the TAC is approved, students submit a Request for Advisory Committee form to the Grad. Program Coord.
- Students must hold their first TAC meeting within 6 months of passing their Qual Exam