Applications for Fall 2017 will open September 1, 2016.
In an effort to reduce the use of paper and conserve natural resources, all communication regarding your admission will be conducted via email. We do not mail application decisions. All communication will be sent to the email address provided on your application. Check your junk/spam folder on a regular basis.
Still have questions?
Contact the PMCB Coordinator
Graduate Student Financial Support
Graduate Students enrolled full time and in good academic standing receive the following:
- Monthly stipend
- Health insurance
- Access to the March Wellness Center
- Paid tuition & fees
The 2015 annual stipend range is $27,000 - $28,500.
Diversity, a defining feature of our university, refers to the variety of personal experiences, values, and worldviews that arise from differences of culture and circumstance. Such differences include race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, language, abilities/disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, geographic region, and more. Without diversity we cannot achieve excellence in our academic mission. PMCB is able to provide appropriate accommodations during the application and interview process if requested. Please contact the Program Coordinator for more information.
International applicants may be asked to provide World Education Services (WES) International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP) credential evaluations for all foreign colleges attended. Please consult with the WES's website for instructions and fees at www.wes.org. You are responsible for the full cost of this service. International applicants from ALL countries of origin will need to complete this service. If you have already completed a similar credential evaluation through WES or another company, the Graduate Studies Office may evaluate on a case-by-case basis whether a WES ICAP will be needed.
Suggested Undergraduate Courses
- General Biology
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Calculus I
A complete application consists of:
- Online application
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- GRE scores (general test) no more than 5 years old
- TOEFL scores (for international students whose native language is not English) no more than 2 years old
- GRE & TOEFL: Program codes are 4865 (Oregon Hlth Sci U Sch Medicine), no department code or specialty tests required. It is the applicant's responsibility to insure proper coding for these tests. Improper coding will cause delays and may cause difficulties with application review. GRE requirement is waived for students with advanced degrees. TOEFL requirement is waived for international applicants who have received a degree from an institution within the United States.
- Letters of reference: a minimum of three (3) required letters of recommendation are required from individuals who can address the applicant's potential for research and graduate studies play an important role in the admission process. Request recommendations from persons who have a thorough knowledge of your background and qualifications.
- Complete all essay questions on the application. Remember, if you need time to organize your answers, you can log out of the application and proceed at a later date.
- Do NOT provide a generic Personal Statement. Respond to the specific questions being asked in the application. Limit responses to 4,000 characters (roughly one single-spaced page).
Applications will only be reviewed when all required materials have been received. In reviewing candidates, the admissions committee evaluates a number of factors including academic record, research experience, and GRE scores.
Selected applicants will be invited to OHSU for interviews on February 7 - 10 and 17 - 20, 2016. The invitation-only interviews involve meeting with faculty and current graduate students while providing an opportunity to learn about the program, the OHSU campus, and Portland.
- Cheryl Maslen, Chair
- Dan Streblow, MMI/VGTI
- Eric Barklis, MMI
- Victor DeFilipis, MMI/VGTI
- Linda Musil, BMB
- James Chen, BMB
- Lucia Carbone, MMG
- Mushui Dai, MMG
- Larry David, QBB
- Paul Spellman, QBB
- Sara Courtneidge, CDB
- Alex Nechiporuk, CDB
- Jeff Tyner, CanB
- Sudarshan Anand, CanB
- Catherine Morgans, PH2
- Michael Cohen, PH2
- Monica Hinds, BME