AdmissionsStudents interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in Molecular and Medical Genetics must apply to the Graduate Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology (PMCB). The core genetics courses begin in the second year of graduate study.
Selected applicants will be invited to OHSU for an interview during the months of February and March.
For Fall 2012 admission, the application deadline is set for December 1, 2011.
PrerequisitesWe recommend that applicants who intend to join Molecular and Medical Genetics department have the following undergraduate preparation:
- 1 year Biology
- 1 year Chemistry
- 1 or 2 terms Genetics
- 1 year Organic Chemistry
- 1 year Physics (with Calculus preferred)
- 1 year Calculus
ApplicationYour application should contain the following:
- Personal statement: While there is no format requirement, please be sure to discuss your research experience and scientific interests.
- Letters of recommendation: Three or more letters from individuals who can attest to your potential for excelling in a basic sciences graduate program and in scientific research.
- Official transcripts: We must receive one from each institute of higher education you have attended.
- GRE Scores: Please submit your scores from the general test that are no more than five years old.
- TOEFL scores: International students who speak English as a second language must submit scores that are no more than two years old.
*The TOEFL and GRE program code for OHSU's School of Medicine is 4865.
For more information, please visit the PMCB website. To access the electronic application, please go to the School of Medicine's Office of Graduate Studies admissions website. If you have specific questions about the PMCB program, please contact the PMCB Coordinator.