Taking courses as a non-degree student
What is the process?
- Submit your registration form as noted on this form.
- After your form is processed, you will receive an email from the Registrar’s Office with additional information. This will have important information like your student ID number, links to the academic calendar, how to pay your tuition bill, access your grades, etc.
- In an additional email you will receive your PIN to access the online student information system. These will be in separate emails.
- Finally, you will receive an email from Sakai with your log-in information for Sakai, the online learning platform. Once you have this information, you can create your Sakai profile.
- You can find your textbook information on our main page.
- Remember to log into Sakai within the first 24 hours of the term beginning. Note that your course will not be available online until the first day of the term.
What is the tuition rate?
The tuition rate is the same as that for a degree-seeking student. For the 2013-2014 academic year, the tuition is $550/credit.
Can I audit a course?
No. Given the highly collaborative nature of our courses, those enrolled do so for credit and with a grade. The majority of our courses are offered as a letter grade. A few are offered as pass/no-pass.
Which courses can I take?
The majority of courses in the Certificate and MS program are open to students to take as a non-matriculated student. Certain courses, like Capstone and those in our MBA program are restricted. Others are meant to be taken in order. Please contact HCManagement@ohsu.edu to inquire about specific courses.
How many courses can I take total?
Students who are planning to apply to the Graduate Certificate or MS program may take courses prior to matriculation and use them toward their degree requirements. For the Certificate, students are allowed a maximum of 12 credits. For the MS, students are allowed a maximum of 20 credits. However, we strongly suggest that students take no more than 2 courses prior to matriculation into a program.
How many courses can I take in one term?
Our programs are designed to be completed on a part-time basis. You can take up to six credits in one term. If you want to take seven to eight credits, you will need special permission. Contact the Division of Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-346-0375 for more information.