Certificate in Healthcare Management
About This Program
The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management provides healthcare managers with foundational tools to better lead projects and operations within the complex world of healthcare delivery. Designed for busy working professionals, the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management is offered part-time to accommodate students balancing jobs, families and other commitments. The program enables students from around the nation to combine both in-person and online classes to graduate in as little as 9 months.
Hybrid Class Format
- 80 percent of the classroom interaction is done through online learning in the Sakai platform.
- 20 percent of the classroom interaction is in-person on the OHSU campus. These face-to-face classes take place two Fridays and two Saturdays per term.
- Face-to-Face classes are hosted on Fridays (4-9 PM) and Saturdays (9 AM-2 PM).
The model below demonstrates an average 11-week term. Blue squares represent online work weeks.
- Students can select to take two courses per term and complete the program in 9 months or take one class per term and complete the program in 21 months.
- All 24 credits of the Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management can be applied toward the completion of the 52 credit Master of Science in Healthcare Management.
- Students who successfully complete the certificate program with a 3.5 GPA are eligible to apply to for the Master of Science program without having to complete the GMAT or GRE exam.
The program consists of six courses, listed below, for a total of 24 credits.
- MGT 519 Healthcare Project Management (4 credits)
- MGT 561 Managerial and Financial Accounting for Healthcare Professionals (4 credits)
- MGT 560 Organization, Financing, and History of Healthcare Delivery in the U.S. (4 credits)
- MGT 570 Operations and Quality Management for Healthcare (4 credits)
- MGT 563 Regulation and Legislation of Healthcare Delivery (4 credits)
- MGT 520 Becoming an Effective Manager (4 credits)
2017-2018 Tuition: $582 per credit hour.
2017-2018 OHSU University Fee: $273 per term.
*Books and additional materials are not included in the tuition credit hour costs.
The Certificate programs admits students for Fall, Winter and Spring terms of each academic year. We strongly encourage students to start in the Fall term.
Note:This program is offered on a part-time only basis; therefore, we cannot accept applicants on F-1 or J-1 student visas
Contact an Education Coach